12.04.2009

Get off the road



It's time to get on my high horse. Preacher Norwood Buckner is here ready to pass judgment.

For the past week, we've been subjected to all the various critiques about Tiger Woods. Is it interesting? I guess to a point. His clean image and role model status took a hit...and he hurt his family. Deeply. That was about the extent of the damage.

But I'm way more bothered by Adrian Peterson getting pulled over for going 108 mph.

It's not only his reckless act that bothers me...it's that this won't get the type of attention that it deserves.

His cavalier attitude is also disgusting. He said, "I got a little speeding ticket. I need to be more aware of the speed I was going and not let it happen again."

Try again. Something like this: "I apologize for being reckless. To be going that fast is absolutely unacceptable. I'm embarrassed. I feel lucky no one was hurt. It will never happen again."

We won't hear much more about this story. Speeding tickets aren't juicy. It's not as good as Ron Artest drinking booze at games or Tim Lincecum smoking a joint.

Adrian Peterson put innocent lives at risk. 108 mph? Ridiculous. Criminal.

Sheriff Roger Goodell suspended Shaun Ellis for a game this season for using pot. Adrian Peterson should get more than that.

(He won't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment